How many awards will be given?
We will be issuing 50 Best Executive Awards: Ten in each of five categories.
What are the categories?
The 2021 Best Executive Awards will celebrate executive excellence in five functional job categories, which are as follows:
- Human Resources
- Sales and Marketing
Who is eligible?
In order to be eligible, an executive must:
- Occupy a position below the CEO (or equivalent) level.
- Occupy a position above the SVP (or equivalent) level.
- Be working for a Canadian corporation (public or private businesses), or the Canadian arm of an international corporation. Executives at not-for-profits, government institutions and/or academic institutions are also eligible, provided they work in a business capacity in one of the five categories listed above.
How will winners be chosen?
The 2021 Best Executive Awards will be determined solely by the Report on Business editorial team, based on both newsroom nominations and those submitted from the public via our online nomination form. Each nominee will be assessed in four criteria:
- Background. Is there anything noteworthy about his/her career trajectory? What can executives of today and tomorrow learn from him/her?
- Style. What makes the nominee’s leadership/management style stand out?
- Achievements. What specific thing(s) has the nominee accomplished in his/her role? How did his/her leadership drive those achievements?
- Impact. How have his/her contributions materially affected his/her organization, industry and/or business community?
When and where will the awards be announced?
The Globe and Mail and Report on Business announced 2021 winners in March 2021, via press release. Editorial coverage of all winners and nominees will be published in the Report on Business magazine section of globeandmail.com, and in print in the May 2021 issue of Report on Business magazine (distributed in late April, 2021).
What is the 2021 Best Executive Summit?
Winners will be invited to participate in the 2021 Report on Business Best Executive Summit, a virtual event scheduled to take place on May 27, 2021. Full agenda will be released in April 2021. For information about the event (format, content and/or sponsorships), please contact BestExec@globeandmail.com.
What is the nomination deadline?
All nominations must have been submitted by 11:59pm EST on February 4, 2021.
Who can submit a nomination?
Anyone. You can nominate a colleague, a peer, a boss or a direct report. (Please note that the nominee will receive notice that you have nominated him/her.)
Can I nominate myself?
How do I submit a nomination?
Nominations are now closed for the 2021 awards. Nominations for the 2022 awards will open in late April, 2021.
I have a question. Who can I ask?
Please email the Report on Business Best Executive Awards team at BestExec@globeandmail.com.
What are the terms and conditions?