Canada on Friday said it had received three bids in a multibillion-dollar contest to supply the country with 88 new fighter jets, with a final contract to be awarded in 2022 and first delivery as early as 2025.
The proposals were from a Saab AB-led consortium, Lockheed Martin Corp with Pratt & Whitney, and a Boeing Co-led consortium, Public Services and Procurement Canada said in statement.
The contract is worth between $15-billion and $19-billion. The process had been delayed by the COVID-19 pandemic.
Our Morning Update and Evening Update newsletters are written by Globe editors, giving you a concise summary of the day’s most important headlines. Sign up today.