Dr. Srivastava’s work is focused on fixing systemic problems in education that have been made worse by the pandemic and how to fix the “learning gap.” Throughout the pandemic, she’s been frustrated by the lack of consultation and firm decisions around schools.
Join us for a live conversation about what Canadian schools are doing the second wave of the coronavirus, and what the broader community needs to do to help.
Here’s what they will cover:
- What can schools in Canada do to help keep students and staff safe during COVID-19?
- How do Canadian schools compare to other countries around the world? Which countries are excelling, and is there a model to follow?
- How does remote learning affect different grades and communities?
- Controlling community spread is key to keeping schools open. What does the wider community need to do to help make sure schools remain safe (and open) during the pandemic?
Facebook Live Q&A on education and the pandemic
Caroline Alphonso and Dr. Prachi Srivastava will answer reader questions on Facebook live on Jan. 14 at 1:30 p.m. EST.
- When: Jan. 14 at 1:30 p.m. EST
- Where: The Globe and Mail’s Facebook page
- Send questions to email@example.com
Sign up for the Coronavirus Update newsletter to read the day’s essential coronavirus news, features and explainers written by Globe reporters.