Skip to main content

Part of cannabis and your kids

A four-year-old girl who ate 15 pieces of an edible marijuana product she thought was a chocolate bar has been released from a Halifax-area hospital.

Police say the recommended daily consumption of the product is one piece — for an adult.

They say the girl’s father realized the bar was missing from the console of his vehicle on Saturday, and noticed the four-year-old was looking very pale.

Story continues below advertisement

He called 911, and police were dispatched to the family’s home in East Petpeswick, a rural community east of Halifax.

The RCMP say they are investigating, but no charges have been laid.

The Mounties issued a statement today saying the possession of edible marijuana products will remain illegal even after the sale of recreational cannabis becomes legal on Oct. 17.

Report an error Editorial code of conduct
Comments are closed

We have closed comments on this story for legal reasons or for abuse. For more information on our commenting policies and how our community-based moderation works, please read our Community Guidelines and our Terms and Conditions.

Due to technical reasons, we have temporarily removed commenting from our articles. We hope to have this fixed soon. Thank you for your patience. If you are looking to give feedback on our new site, please send it along to feedback@globeandmail.com. If you want to write a letter to the editor, please forward to letters@globeandmail.com.
Cannabis pro newsletter