Event summary produced by The Globe and Mail Events team. The Globe’s editorial department was not involved.
As fifth generation (5G) mobile technology continues to proliferate across Canada, businesses are poised to take advantage of new capabilities including private networks and network slicing. From faster data to improved productivity and advanced automation, 5G opportunities abound. But they also change the cybersecurity threat landscape.
On April 26, 2023 The Globe and Mail hosted an event that brought together 5G experts and business leaders together to share how they’re leveraging 5G, along with strategies to support innovation, growth, and data security in a connected world.
- Sébastien Roy, Professor Program Chair, Electrical Engineering, Université de Sherbrooke
- Carlos Perez Chalico, Private Cybersecurity and Privacy Leader, EY Canada
- Jeanette Irekvist, President, Ericsson Canada
- Matthew Gerber, CEO, TeraGo
- Jodi Baxter, Vice-president 5G and IoT, Telus
- Irene Galea, Reporter, The Globe and Mail (moderator)
The Globe and Mail presented the event with sponsor support from Ericsson. To view upcoming Globe and Mail events, visit www.globeandmail.com/events.