Hyundai Accent sales are down more than 21 per cent this year, so to goose sales of a Top 10 subcompact, Hyundai Canada has slapped on a healthy $2,250 rebate on their fuel-efficient small car that lists for well below $20,000.
Interestingly, the Accent is the only subcompact car in Canada ranked in the Top 10 of passenger car sales. Canadians just aren't buying the smallest, most fuel-efficient cars in Canada this year. Subcompact sales are off 8.3 per cent so far in 2013.
Nonetheless, the Accent is a core model for Hyundai – along with the Elantra compact (the No. 2 best-selling passenger car in Canada) and the Santa Fe, both long and short wheelbase. Hyundai may not like to discount the Elantra – a small car with an even smaller profit margin – but it's obvious that the South Korean auto maker has little choice. Small cars are lagging a Canadian new vehicle market on pace for a record year. Sales in Canada are up 3.5 per cent; at this rate, Canadians will buy an all-time record of 1.703 million light vehicles, notes DesRosiers Automotive Consultants.
Another interesting deal is found on the Acura TL premium sedan – both the 2013 version and the 2014 one, too. The 2013 TL can be had with up to $7,000 in factory offers, plus whatever dealer discount a customer can negotiate. And the 2014 TL is on offer with up to $4,000 in factory offers.
Meanwhile, the Hyundai Genesis premium sedan, the 2013 version, is wearing up to $9,000 in factory discounts, plus a negotiable dealer discount. And Ford is keeping up interest in the 2013 Escape small SUV with up to $4,500 in sales sweeteners from Ford of Canada.
Deals of the Week consulted with www.unhaggle.com, www.carcostcanada.com, and other sources on these offers. As usual, pricing information here is subject to change and dealer discounts vary, so consult your dealer for all the final details, including expiry dates for all offers.
2013 Hyundai Accent GLS four-door hatchback, auto
- MSRP: $18,949
- Freight, dealer prep, air conditioning tax: $1,650
- Dealer discount (estimated): $600
- Factory discount: $2,250 (Dealer Cash factory-to-dealer rebate)
- Taxable subtotal: $17,749
- Total price with 13% HST: $20,056.37
- 0.99% financing for 96 available but not with factory discount
2013 Acura TL SH-AWD, auto
- MSRP: $43,950
- Freight, dealer prep and air conditioning tax: $2,095
- Dealer discount (estimated): $1,800
- Factory discount: $7,000 (Acura Trading Dollars factory-to-dealer rebate)
- Taxable subtotal: $37,245
- Total price with 13% HST: $42,086.85
- $4,000 Trading Dollars and $2,000 Loyalty Incentive available with 2.90% financing for up to 60 months
2013 Ford Escape SE AWD 2.0-litre EcoBoost
- MSRP: $30,699
- Freight, dealer prep, AC tax: $1,700
- Dealer discount (estimated): $1,000
- Factory discount: $4,500 (Ford Delivery Allowance factory-to-dealer rebate)
- Taxable subtotal: $26,899
- Total price with 13% HST: $30,395.87
- All rebates available with 6.09% financing for up to 72 months
2013 Hyundai Genesis Sedan V6 w/Technology Pkg
- MSRP: $49,499
- Freight, PDI, AC tax: $1,860
- Dealer discount (estimated): $1,800
- Factory discount: $9,000 (Hyundai Cash Discount factory-to-dealer rebate)
- Taxable subtotal: $40,599
- Total price with 13% HST: $45,831.67
- 0.0% financing available for up to 96 months can be combined with $1,000 factory discount
Pricing information source: www.unhaggle.com and www.carcostcanada.com. Calculations based on Ontario customers. Please note that while the information above is accurate at the time of publication, incentives are given at the discretion of individual dealers, and may be changed or discontinued at any time. Where noted, "dealer discounts" are negotiated with the customer on a case-by-case basis. Unhaggle Savings are actual discounts received by Unhaggle customers.