New month, new money.
The dawn of a new month marks a reshuffling of the deck of deals, but here in the heart of the spring selling season, the urgent action to move the metal is more pronounced than ever.
Want a 2014 Subaru Outback? The factory offer jumped on May 1 to $3,000 from $2,000 in April.
A 2014 Kia Optima? Last month, Kia kept the cash to itself. In May, the factory deal is an impressive $4,000, and that money can be combined with 0-per-cent financing for up to 84 months.
A 2014 Nissan Maxima near-luxury sedan? The new offer is $5,000, up from nothing in April.
How about a luxurious Lexus LS 460 sedan? A $6,000 sales sweetener is now on the table, one that used to be bare. Sources suggest that dealers across Canada, on average, are willing to deal further, with up to $4,000 in discounts.
Even the popular 2014 Honda Civic is in this game. Last month’s factory offer was $1,000, which went up by $500 in May to a total of $1,500.
Of course, buyers will need to bargain for everything other than what’s advertised, and it’s often challenging but always worth the effort. In the deal making, keep in mind that the depth and extent of the offers can change at any time and the packaging of deals changes from manufacturer to manufacturer, and model to model.
For instance, such as Kia with the Optima, the $6,000 cash incentive on the LS 460 can be combined with a financing offer – in this case a not overly impressive 4.3 per cent for 48 months.
On the other hand, Subaru Canada is putting just a $1,000 incentive in combination with 0.9-per-cent financing for 48 or 60 months. The Civic deal cannot be “stacked” or combined with 0.99-per-cent financing for 48 or 60 months. Likewise, the Nissan offer on the Maxima is for the cash or the financing, but not both together. With the latter, it’s $5,000 or 0.99-per-cent financing for 48 or 60 months.
New month, new money and new ways to package the deals.
Deals of the Week consulted with www.unhaggle.com, Car Help Canada, www.carcostcanada.com, and other sources on these offers. As usual, pricing information here is subject to change and dealer discounts vary, so consult your dealer for all the final details, including expiry dates for all offers.
2014 Nissan Maxima 4 door Sedan CVT 3.5 SV
- MSRP: $38,880
- Freight, dealer prep, air conditioning tax: $1,735
- Dealer discount (estimated): $1,800
- Factory discount: $5,000 (manufacturer incentive)
- Taxable subtotal: $33,815
- Total price with 13-per-cent HST: $38,210.95
- 0.99-per-cent financing for 48 or 60 months is not available with manufacturer incentive
2014 Lexus LS 460 4 door Sedan RWD SWB F-Sport
- MSRP: $91,825
- Freight, dealer prep and air conditioning tax: $2,130
- Dealer discount (estimated): $4,000
- Factory discount: $6,000 (manufacturer incentive)
- Taxable subtotal: $83,955
- Total price with 13-per-cent HST: $94,869.15
- $6,000 factory incentive available with 4.3-per-cent financing for 48 months
2014 Kia Optima 4 door Sedan Auto LX
- MSRP: $24,695
- Freight, dealer prep, AC tax: $1,620
- Dealer discount (estimated): $700
- Factory discount: $4,000 (manufacturer incentive)
- Taxable subtotal: $21,615
- Total price with 13-per-cent HST: $24,424.95
- $4,000 factory incentive available with 0-per-cent financing for 48, 60 or 84 months
2014 Honda Civic Sedan EX Automatic
- MSRP: $21,860
- Freight, PDI, AC tax: $1,630
- Dealer discount (estimated): $900
- Factory discount: $1,500 (manufacturer incentive)
- Taxable subtotal: $21,090
- Total price with 13-per-cent HST: $23,831.70
- Factory incentive is not available with 0.99-per-cent financing for 48 or 60 months
Pricing information source: unhaggle.com and carcostcanada.com. Calculations based on Ontario customers. Please note that while the information above is accurate at the time of publication, incentives are given at the discretion of individual dealers, and may be changed or discontinued at any time. Where noted, “dealer discounts” are negotiated with the customer on a case-by-case basis. Unhaggle Savings are actual discounts received by Unhaggle customers.
If you have questions about driving or car maintenance, please contact our experts at email@example.com.
Follow us on Twitter @Globe_Drive.
Add us to your circles.
Sign up for our weekly newsletter.Report Typo/Error