The Hyundai Elantra has been named 2012 Canadian Car of The Year by the Automobile Journalists Association of Canada.
The Volkswagen Touareg TDI Clean Diesel has been named AJAC’s 2012 Canadian Utility Vehicle of The Year.
The Hyundai Veloster was named the Best New Design for 2012.
Last October, more than 70 automotive journalist from across the country put 57 new models through their paces at AJAC’s annual TestFest, picking the top vehicle in 11 categories. From those, AJAC members chose the top car and utility vehicle for 20,12.
The 2012 category winners
- Best New Small Car under $21,000: Hyundai Accent
- Best New Small Car over $21,000: Hyundai Elantra
- Best New Family Car under $30,000: Kia Optima LX
- Best New Family Car over $30,000: Kia Optima Hybrid
- Best New Luxury Car: Mercedes-Benz C-Class C350 4Matic Sedan
- Best New Sports Performance under $50,000: Hyundai Veloster
- Best New Sports Performance over $50,000: BMW 1-Series M Coupe
- Best New Prestige: Mercedes-Benz S-Class S350 BlueTec 4Matic
- Best New SUV-CUV under $35,000: Dodge Journey
- Best New SUV-CUV $35,000-$60,000: Volkswagen Touareg TDI
- Best New SUV-CUV over $60,000: BMW X3
Follow us on Twitter: