At the end of last year, we launched our new Watchlist tool and have been improving it and adding new features to it every month.
If you're still using the old-style Stocklist and/or old-style Fundlist, we'd like to hear from you. What kind of features would you like to see in Watchlist that might entice you to switch to the new tool?
Here is what we've done to improve Watchlist so far:
- Dozens of improvements and fixes, especially in the Build-Your-Own view . This is the customizable view that allows you to create a view on stocks and ETFs from about 60 different data points. Ordering and sorting to your preference is much easier now, mostly thanks to improvements suggested by readers.
- A new My Shares features that allows you to enter how many shares you own of a stock or ETF and keep track of daily gains and losses. All your losses and gains for the day are totalled up as well.
- A News Flag feature that let you find and sort your stocks by breaking news.
- A new hover text feature that allows you to see what a financial ratio means and how it is calculated.
We're about to add alerts and we're about to add a new Performance View for stocks and funds. The Performance View would allow you to compare returns across various stocks, funds, ETFs, commodities, currencies and indexes over various periods of time.
Here are the period of time we need to choose from. What works best for you?
- 1 day
- 5 day
- 1 month
- 3 month
- 6 month
- 1 year
- 2 year CAGR (compound annual growth rate)
- 3 year CAGR
- 5 year CAGR
- 10 year CAGR
- 15 year CAGR
Leave a comment here about what other features you'd like to see with Watchlist and/or what time periods you'd like to see in the Performance view.Report Typo/Error