The Before the Bell report is compiled by editors of The Globe and Mail and is updated throughout the morning to reflect latest developments. Colin Cieszynski, Chartered Financial Analyst and Chartered Market Technician, is chief market strategist with CMC Markets.
Upward momentum in stock markets started out strong overnight but has faded into the morning. The Hang Seng rallied 1.2 per cent while the Nikkei gained 1.0 per cent in Asia Pacific trading. In Europe, the FTSE is up 0.4 per cent while the Dax is up 0.2 per cent. U.S. index futures, however, are mixed, being only marginally up or down.Report Typo/Error
Follow us on Twitter:
- Crude Oil Front Month Futures$47.82+1.48(+3.19%)
- Gold Front Month Futures$1,250.70-3.20(-0.26%)
- Copper High Grade Front Month Futures$2.84+0.11(+4.01%)
- S&P 500 INDEX2,480.04+10.13(+0.41%)
- Dow Jones Industrials21,641.38+128.21(+0.60%)
- NASDAQ NMS COMPOSITE INDEX6,422.24+11.43(+0.18%)
- S&P/TSX Composite15,207.68+78.99(+0.52%)
- S&P/TSX Venture Composite762.91+2.22(+0.29%)
- Updated July 25 12:49 PM CDT. Delayed by at least 15 minutes.