Bank stock quandary: Try to pick the best banks, or just buy them all.
A reader asked this question recently. He wanted to know the pros and cons of buying individual bank stocks versus a Canadian bank ETF. Let’s dig into this using the BMO S&P/TSX Equal Weight Banks Index ETF (ZEB-T) and the shares of each of the Big Six bank. We’ll keep track of all the contestants using Globeinvestor’s Watchlist feature.Report Typo/Error
- Canadian Imperial Bank of Commerce$106.67-0.38(-0.35%)
- Toronto-Dominion Bank$63.73-0.22(-0.34%)
- Bank of Montreal$91.77-0.43(-0.47%)
- Bank of Nova Scotia$77.40-0.03(-0.04%)
- Royal Bank of Canada$92.50-0.46(-0.49%)
- BMO S&P/TSX Equal Weight Banks Index ETF$26.70-0.07(-0.26%)
- Updated August 17 3:58 PM EDT. Delayed by at least 15 minutes.