Skip to main content

Clarusvisus/Getty Images/iStockphoto

Our roundup of Canadian small-caps of between $100-million and $2.5-billion in market capitalization making news and on the move today.

North American Energy Partners Inc. (NOA-T; NOA-N) says its subsidiary, North American Enterprises Ltd. (NAEL), has entered into a partnership with Dene Sky Site Services Ltd., a privately owned First Nations business based out of Janvier, Alta.

Dene Sky holds a 51 per cent interest in the partnership, with NAEL holding the other 49 per cent.

Story continues below advertisement

"The partnership will primarily pursue opportunities in Northern Alberta," the companies said in a release.

**

Liquor Stores N.A. Ltd. (LIQ-T) says it plans to redeem early all of its outstanding 5.85-per-cent convertible unsecured subordinated debentures with a maturity date of April 30, 2018.

They will be redeemed by May 3, 2017.

It said the aggregate principal amount of the debentures outstanding is $67.5-million.

**

 exactEarth Ltd. (XCT-T) says communication with its EV5 satellite was lost on Feb. 3 and "subsequent efforts to make contact were not successful."

Story continues below advertisement

As a result, the company filed a claim for the full insured value of the satellite of $3.5-million, which has been approved and paid to the company.

"This isolated satellite issue has not had, and is not expected to have, a material adverse effect on service levels," the company said.

**

Prometic Life Sciences Inc. (PLI-T) has received a $9.5-million purchase order for the supply of affinity resin to an existing client.

"This purchase order is part of an ongoing license and long-term supply agreement already secured with the client," the company said.

**

Story continues below advertisement

Precision Drilling Corp. (PD-T; PDS-N) says chairman Robert Phillips will not be standing for re-election and will retire on May 17.

Steven Krablin, a current board member, will replace him, the company said.

**

Electrovaya Inc. (EFL-T) says former Ontario Premier Dalton McGuinty has joined its board and will also serve as strategic adviser to the company.

"I look forward to working with Electrovaya at a time when the world is eager for energy storage solutions," said Mr. McGuinty in a release.

**

ICC International Cannabis Corp. (ICC-X), which has operations in Uruguay, says the government that country has taken the next step in implementing the recreational cannabis regime.

It said the government announced on Thursday that recreational cannabis users can start registering with the national registry system on May 2.

The government also announced it expects sales of recreational cannabis to start in July, through registered pharmacies.

"Uruguay is on the cusp of becoming the first country to implement a nationally recognized recreational cannabis regime. We have seen the progression of this legislation and the impact it has had globally on other countries that are now considering similar recreational cannabis regimes," said ICC CEO Guillermo Delmonte in a release. "ICC continues to work closely with the government of Uruguay to ensure the successful roll-out of the recreational cannabis regime."

Report an error Licensing Options
About the Author
Contributor

Brenda Bouw is a freelance writer and editor based in Vancouver. She has more than 20 years of experience as a business reporter, including at The Globe and Mail, The Canadian Press, the Financial Post and was executive producer at BNN (formerly ROBTv). Brenda was also part of the Globe and Mail reporting team that won the 2010 National Newspaper Award for business journalism. More

Comments

The Globe invites you to share your views. Please stay on topic and be respectful to everyone. For more information on our commenting policies and how our community-based moderation works, please read our Community Guidelines and our Terms and Conditions.

We’ve made some technical updates to our commenting software. If you are experiencing any issues posting comments, simply log out and log back in.

Discussion loading… ✨