Japan is once again at the centre of the market's attention today, as the Nikkei suffered yet another big drop overnight amid renewed strength in the yen. But unlike last week, the selling frenzy in Japanese equities isn't spreading so far to other global markets, including here at home.
U.S. and Canadian stock futures are modestly higher after erasing earlier losses, and major European markets are solidly higher.Report Typo/Error
- S&P 500 INDEX2,597.08-1.95(-0.08%)
- Dow Jones Industrials23,526.18-64.65(-0.27%)
- S&P/TSX Composite16,074.30+0.72(+0.00%)
- Costco Wholesale Corp$172.48-0.94(-0.54%)
- Alcoa Corp$42.64+1.25(+3.02%)
- Royal Bank of Canada$101.02-0.31(-0.31%)
- Canadian Imperial Bank of Commerce$114.56-0.16(-0.14%)
- Facebook Inc$180.87-0.99(-0.54%)
- Updated November 22 4:00 PM EST. Delayed by at least 15 minutes.