Markets are taking an optimistic stance this morning on the still unresolved bailout efforts involving Cyprus, hoping that policy makers will come up with another solution after its parliament Tuesday rejected a controversial tax on bank deposits.
Investors are also positioning themselves for today's Federal Reserve policy announcement by assuming Chairman Ben Bernanke will offer supportive words on markets and the need to keep in place the central bank's ultra-easy monetary policy.Report Typo/Error
- S&P/TSX Composite15,142.96-40.17(-0.26%)
- S&P 500 INDEX2,470.15-2.39(-0.10%)
- Dow Jones Industrials21,534.40-45.67(-0.21%)
- BlackBerry Ltd$12.68+0.11(+0.88%)
- Apple Inc$151.99+1.72(+1.14%)
- Adobe Systems Inc$149.43-0.09(-0.06%)
- FedEx Corp$213.17+0.66(+0.31%)
- Valeant Pharmaceuticals International Inc$21.80-0.20(-0.91%)
- Updated July 24 1:28 PM EDT. Delayed by at least 15 minutes.