The TSX is heading toward a sizeable rally at the open after Federal Reserve chairman Ben Bernanke offered soothing words late Wednesday that suggested monetary policy won't be tightened through higher interest rates anytime soon.
Global equity markets are higher nearly across the board this morning in the wake of Mr. Bernanke's comments. Metals prices, including gold and copper, are up sharply, ensuring that the resource-heavy TSX won't be left out of the action.Report Typo/Error
- S&P 500 INDEX2,477.13+7.22(+0.29%)
- Dow Jones Industrials21,613.43+100.26(+0.47%)
- S&P/TSX Composite15,202.37+73.68(+0.49%)
- SPDR Gold Trust$118.92-0.39(-0.33%)
- Copper High Grade Front Month Futures$2.83-0.01(-0.37%)
- Crude Oil Front Month Futures$48.30+0.41(+0.86%)
- BlackBerry Ltd$12.46-0.16(-1.27%)
- Yum! Brands Inc$74.80+0.21(+0.28%)
- Microsoft Corp$74.19+0.59(+0.80%)
- Updated July 24 9:35 PM EDT. Delayed by at least 15 minutes.