Banks and insurers want capital, and they’re willing to pay for it.
Manulife Financial Corp. announced on Monday a new preferred-share offering that will yield 4.85 per cent, which is big enough to appeal to everyone from the sophisticated pension fund to the individual retail investor looking for income.Report Typo/Error
- Royal Bank of Canada$94.18+0.26(+0.28%)
- Manulife Financial Corp$23.67-0.03(-0.13%)
- Toronto-Dominion Bank$64.17-0.08(-0.12%)
- Horizons Active Preferred Share ETF$9.12+0.04(+0.44%)
- iShares S&P/TSX Canadian Preferred Share Index ETF$13.74+0.06(+0.44%)
- Updated May 29 9:30 AM EDT. Delayed by at least 15 minutes.