If you're looking for relatively stable investments with tax benefits and bond-beating yields, take a look at dividend stocks. They're not just for seniors. Which ones should be part of your portfolio? Here's a roundup of some of the Globe's recent coverage of dividend stocks:
- Investor sticks to tried-and-true dividends
- Rising dividends a sign of confidence this summer
- Dividend taxes are about to rise in the U.S., making dividneds less attractive: A taxing outlook for the S&P 500
- Me & My Money find an individual investor who says Dividend stocks are teacher's pets
- Rob Carrick says Don't be distracted by high dividend stocks
- The Saturday Portfolio Strategy feature discusses how With economy in limbo, dividends become key
- Emera is a A dividend stock that powers portfolios
- A Let's Talk Investing video called Finding Fat Dividends in which David Stanley discusses which sectors contain the best dividend stocks
- Me and My Money talks to an individual investors who is Playing the dividend angle
- Let's Talk Investing interviews talks to David Stanley about Why dividends are so special and gets more information about his Beat the TSX strategy
- John Heiznl discusses dividends and DRIPs in his weekly Investor Clinic column: The downside of DRIPs and other dividend stories
- Number Cruncher looks at U.S. stocks and dividends in Dividend payback period: A defensive tool
- John Heinzl discusses with readers What do You do with dividends?
- Rob Carrick writes about why now is a good time to buy stocks and why dividends are the place to focus
- Number Cruncher looks at top yielding stock on the S&P/TSX Canadian dividend aristocrats index
- Number Cruncher looks at Canada's best dividend growth stocks
- A list of companies that have the longest track records for raising dividends: Dividend stocks that stand the test of time
- Number Cruncher sorts through the Most reliable Canadian dividend stocks
- A guest column from a portfolio manager: Wake up and smell the coffee - it's all about the dividends
Dividend aristocrats strut their stuff : A look at the stocks with the best track records for increasing dividends
- Fund manager Dan Bastasic says investors can still find juicy yields:
Five income picks for the post-trust world
A new investment beast: the high-yield corporation: The post-income trust world will yield different options
Defending dividends : Payouts are not a sign of weak growth
The ABCs of dividend ETFs : How they work
- Why dividends are heading higher, unlike stocks
- John Heinzl discusses Canadian dividend blogs and websites in his Investor Clinic video
Dividend dates explained John Heinzl takes a look in this Investor Clinic video
The perils of income trust conversions : How it may affect payouts to investors
Why preferreds are falling but corporate bonds aren't John Heinzl answers your investing questions
Dialling for dividends at Verizon Analysts see big growth in the wireless giant's cash flow
Buybacks v. Dividends Think they're more or less the same? Not according to one blogger
Dividends on the rise David Berman takes a look at the trend of bigger payouts
- John Heinzl in his Investor Clinic explains how to understand dividend dates
- Bissett fund manager Juliette John gives her top five dividend picks
- If you're looking for stable stocks, look at The top 10 Dow dividend stocks
- John Heinzl's Investor Clinic looks at the different types of yield in Yield: Not too hot, not too cold
Dividend compounding : Behold the eighth wonder of the world. John Heinzl explains in this video
Three U.S. banks with steady dividends : They offer better-than-average credit quality and steady earnings
The top 10 Dow dividend stocks
- An individual investor explains why he is a fan of DRIP plans or dividend reinvestment plans
- Globe Investor Magazine Online looks at TD fund manager Doug Warwick's style for picking dividend stocks
- Number Cruncher find Canadian stocks that pass Sherry Cooper's dividend screen
- Number Cruncher find U.S. dividend aristocrats
- Rob Carrick examines strategies to find safe and high dividend yields
- Number Cruncher finds Canadian dividend aristocrats
- David Parkinson writes that Stock dividends are on track to resume their upwards march
- Number Cruncher takes a look at S&P 500 stocks with the best prospects for dividend increases
- Number Cruncher identifies stocks in the S&P/TSX composite with the best prospects for dividend increases
- Number Cruncher looks at the top dividend mutual funds for Canadians.
- Rob Carrick declares 2010 the year of the dividend stocks and provides Canadian dividend stock picks from top dividend experts.
- Number Cruncher looks at the safe dividend stocks provided by the TD Waterhouse strategist
- Top dividends stocks on the Dow
- A primer on Why dividends matter
- David Berman's daily Market View video looks at when banks will raise dividends again.
- Market Blog checks in on the performance of the Dogs of the Dow this year.
- David Berman looks at what happens to dividend stocks when rates start rising in Are dividend investors about to be disappointed?
- Ten U.S. dividend stocks for shaky markets
- In his investor education series, John Heinzl shows Why you should be a DRIP fan
- In his Investor Clinic video, John Heinzl notes how Dividend stocks are your friend.
- Market Blog notes how the Dividend yield is attractive versus the TSX
- Validea money manager and columnist John Reese writes how inflation and dividends drive two thirds of stock price performance in What drives stock prices? It may surprise you
- In his weekly Portfolio Strategy column, Rob Carrick shows how Low risk, high growth (dividend stocks) come together in 2010
- Rob Carrick makes
The case for dividend stocks in uncertain times
- John Heinzl writes about
Why dividends matter
- Five U.S. insurance stocks with big dividends
- In the weekly Me & My Money feature, Marc L. Johnson, editor of the Investment Reporter, says he focuses on dividend stocks and diversification
- John Heinzl takes A deep dive into a global dividend ETF
- John Heinzl explains in his weekly Investor Clinic video Why dividend ETFs will make you richer.
- David Parkinson in Market Blog reports how the dividend recovery in 2010 will be slow.
- Wave of conversion to corporations expected for income trusts in 2010: One-year clock ticking for income trusts
- Number cruncher discovers that small companies offer up the most dividend growth
- Investopedia looks at Three unloved U.S. dividend stocks
- In his Investors Clinic column, John Heinzl writes that all is not lost for dividend growth investors: Dividend growth lives - if you know where to look . See also his Investor Clinic on Why I love dividend stocks .
- John Heinzl reports that several bank stocks have been removed from a dividend growth index and the ETF that follows it: Banks are no longer pillars of this select dividend club
- After a miserable year for dividends in 2009, S&P forecasts a rebound for 2010: U.S. dividends on course for comeback
- TheStreet.com singles out two dividend stocks for 2010 .
- Rob Carrick takes a look at how dividend mutual funds have performed this year: A safety cushion in dividend funds? Think again
- Invest in dividend stocks, CIBC report says: Investors don't give up much for going into stocks rather than bonds,' strategists say
- Six common misconceptions about dividends: Reasons why experts recommend dividends and why such advice is often unsound
- Wanted: Solid growth prospects, good yield: Number cruncher looks inside the S&P 500
- Number Cruncher hunts for stocks with the best dividend growth potential using the Bloomberg dividend growth forecaster .
- Globe Investor Magazine takes a look at a money manager who is Taking a defensive approach with dividends
- CI Financial's profit falls, but it boosts its dividend, writes Shirely Won in her Fund Watch blog.
- A closer look at a REIT with enough confidence to give more to unit holders: CREIT boosts its distribution
- F or dividends, diversification, look beyond Canada, writes John Heinzl
- A look at Three U.S. banks with outsized dividends.
- Dividends are holding up in the downturn in Dividends rise and shine amid recession.
- Globe Investor Magazine online looks at dividend growth investing and a favorite pick of dividend expert Tom Connolly in Dividend growth stocks: they're worth the wait.
- Rob Carrick looks at the income trusts that are solid and steady in Income Trusts with a Future.
- Professor Stephen Foerster talks about How to cope in a sideways stock market : pay attention to dividends.
- Five tips from John Heinzl on picking the right ETF:
ETFs pay dividends without single-stock risk.
- Bissett portfolio manager Juliette John picks three sectors:
Where to look for good dividends at good value.
- A look at last April's top wealth creators with high dividend yields:
Quality comes first in search for wealth creators.
- John Heinzl compares two dividend ETFs Investor Clinic: ETFs pay dividends without single-stock risk.
- Simon Avery reports how Manitoba Telcom's high yield comes with high risk.
- John Heinzl lays out Five fixes for yield-starved investors.
- Why investors actually like dividend cuts:
Save the dividend, spoil the stock.
- John Heinzl looks at U.S. companies with rising dividend growth in Growing dividend payouts not the only valid measure and global companies in: The cream of the global dividend growth crop.
- David Parkinson considers diminishing yields and looks at what lies ahead in:
Dividend performance languishes in the cellar
- Rob Carrick shows how payout ratios are A key tool for dividend sleuthing.
Dividend payouts growing in wide range of industries : John Heinzl takes a look at Canadian companies with the highest dividend growth rates
- UBS's bank analyst says strong capital and lower-than-average growth at Canadian banks could result in dividend hikes in coming months.
- David Berman discusses the gulf between Manulife and Sunlife's dividend policies in
- David Berman looks at whether Canadian banks will raise dividends again soon in his daily
Top notch global dividend stocks worth shopping for: TD Asset Management's Bruce Cooper explains how he searches the world for the best companies he can find that are reasonably priced and have a solid track record. Later, readers had a chance to ask Mr. Cooper questions in this online discussion:
Rob Carrick tells you why stocks with rising dividends are such a good deal in our monthly publication.
Rob Carrick talks to UBS strategist George Vasic about dividend stock strategies in this Let's Talking Investing video. Also watch and if you want to learn more abuut dividend growth stocks.
Seek shelter for your U.S. dividend stocks : John Heinzl examines the Canadian tax treatment of U.S. dividend stocks
Some little guys do dish out the dividends : Reliable payouts from smaller companies
Sherry Cooper's U.S. screen leaves fewer picks : A look at dividend stocks on the S&P 500
Don't despair about dividends : Financial giant Manulife might have halved its payout recently, but research shows dividend stocks have fared well, writes Rob Carrick
Your friend, the dividend. Be bold to buy and hold : Rob Carrick's personal finance reader, with a special emphasis on dividends
Manulife's choice: Safety first : Manulife slashes its dividend in half - the only major Canadian financial institution to cut its payout since the crisis began - in a move that will save about $800-million a year but will also be unpopular with many shareholders.
Four loveable laggards for your portfolio : John Heinzl finds four bargain bin stocks that pay dividends
Dividends: the big moves : Steve Ladurantaye takes a look at the cuts and hikes in recent weeks
Eight blue-chip dividend stocks make Sherry's Cooper's cut
Time is still right to build high-income portfolio : Ted Rechtshaffen, president of TriDelta Financial Partners, picks dividend stocks and corporate bonds for retirement
Dividend 'gross-ups' a gross out for some seniors : John Heinzl looks at dividends' tax implications for seniors
One tax tip you can't ignore : The dividend tax credit can work wonders for your tax bill
Stress test your holdings to guard against inflation : Look for weak spots in your portfolio. Rob Carrick shows you how.
Dividends are still a safe harbour : Rock-solid dividend payers in less volatile industries are selling for bargain prices, says John Heinzl
Getting things done the blue-chip way : Nick Majendie, senior vice-president at Canaccord Capital Corp., talks to Dianne Maley about his favourite dividend stocks
Dividend lovers, take heart and take note : Juliette John, senior vice-president with Bissett Investment Management, says there's still plenty of value to be found on the stock market
Ask Dennis Gartman : The author of the Gartman Letter shares his tips for picking dividend stocks with our readers in an online discussion
Name brands show potential for dividend hikes : John Heinzl picks companies that are likely to boost their dividends
Digging for future dividend growth : A look at Canadian companies with the strongest dividend growth rates
Weeding out stocks with weak dividends : S&P 500 stocks with high dividend yields
In search of solid dividend stocks : Canadian stocks that are reliable high-yielders
Checking in on the 'dividend fountains' : Growth stocks that should continue raising their dividends
Dividend growth provides comfort amid turmoil : Sherry Cooper's dividend stock picks
Blue chip dividend stocks still better place to be : Large-cap dividend-growing stocks, picked by George Vasic
A daredevil portfolio for (highly) risk-tolerant investors : Rob Carrick's list of risky stocks with impressive yields
Calculating your net return after tax: Sallia's story
What advanced stock market terms might I read about?