Skip to main content

The Globe and Mail

Crossborder investing, taxes and pensions

Do you have a question on crossborder investing? Perhaps it is on a U.S. pension that you must account for on Canadian tax forms. Or maybe a query on estate taxes on property south of the border. Perhaps you are wondering about . Or maybe you simply want to simplify your holdings, :

Nina and Simon sort out their pensions and taxes in Canada and the U.S.

Paul Bains, managing director at Pacifica Partners, a firm that specializes in crossborder investments, was online to take your questions . You can replay the discussion by clicking on the live blog box below. BlackBerry and iPhone users can view a mobile-friendly version by clicking here.

Story continues below advertisement

Mr. Bains is a certified financial planner and a discretionary portfolio manager with 18 years of investment advisory experience. His firm specializes in the management of RRSPs, LIRAs, pensions and investment accounts for Canadians now resident in the U.S. Pacifica also manages U.S. retirement plans held by residents of Canada, including 401Ks, 403Bs, and IRAs.

<iframe src="" scrolling="no" height="550px" width="470px" frameBorder ="0" allowTransparency="true" ><a href="" >Crossborder investing, taxes and pensions</a></iframe>

Report an error
Comments are closed

We have closed comments on this story for legal reasons. For more information on our commenting policies and how our community-based moderation works, please read our Community Guidelines and our Terms and Conditions.