Destinee Wray of @draco.dez shows you how to bring your favourite filter to life
Destinee Wray may have only started posting hair and makeup videos on Instagram in 2019, but she’s earned some serious clout in the short time she’s been creating content. When she began sharing videos on TikTok shortly after, Wray skyrocketed to popularity with a casual 1.7-million followers and over 53.7-million likes and counting.
Known as @draco.dez on the internet, the Toronto-based influencer’s aesthetic is sometimes soft glam and other times more colourful and quirky, but it’s always fun and approachable. The ‘U Make Me Blush’ Instagram filter – featuring playful little hearts that highlight this year’s top beauty trend of hyper-pigmented blush across the cheeks and nose – was perfect for Wray to execute with her signature pizzazz. She shows us how to replicate the look entirely using makeup from the new Quo Beauty line at Shoppers Drug Mart – all while making it look super fun and effortless.
Get the look
- Start with a clean complexion, which will serve as the base for your makeup look. Apply the Quo Beauty Featherweight Cream Blush in Angelic. Use your fingers to apply three dots across your cheekbones on each side and use your fingers to blend.
- Layer on Quo Beauty Featherweight Cream Blush in Halo, blending the two shades together to create a natural-looking pop of pink.
- Use Quo Beauty Miracle Cover Concealer to draw heart shapes with a small concealer brush, creating a V shape on each cheek. Tip: choose a shade that’s lighter than your natural skin colour to help create contrast. Go back in and make smaller hearts in between, beginning from one end of the face, across the nose and onto the other side. Another easy way to map out the heart placement is to hold the actual Instagram filter on your face while drawing the shapes.
- An optional step to really make this look pop: Go over the heart shapes using the Quo Beauty Liquid Precision Marker in White Out.
- Apply the Quo Beauty Lip Boost Plumping Gloss in Basic to create a fuller pout.
- Finish off with a coat of the Quo Beauty HD Diamond Gloss in Amber to add a soft, iridescent sheen.
Even if you’re not a makeup pro, this beginner-friendly beauty look is a fun way to take your OOTD to the next level. You could even rock it as a low-stress Halloween look pulled off in a few easy steps with Quo Beauty’s affordable and high-quality range of new products – no fancy makeup kit required.
Get 5,000 PC Optimum bonus points* when you spend $25 or more (before taxes) on participating Quo Beauty products. Shop Quo Beauty here.
*Spend $25 or more on Quo Beauty products before taxes and after redemptions and all coupons and discounts are deducted in a single transaction to earn the points indicated. Product availability may vary by store. We are not obligated to award points based on errors or misprints. No cash value. Offer valid until October 30, 2020.
More makeup looks
Advertising feature produced by Globe Content Studio. The Globe’s editorial department was not involved.