Every flier desires the same thing: to arrive and depart without delay. But come the holiday season, that might be wishful thinking at Canada’s five busiest airports. Here are some ways to make your time in the terminal as enjoyable and stress-free as possible
Canadian airports • ✈️ Calgary • ✈️ Edmonton • ✈️ Montreal • ✈️ Toronto • ✈️ Vancouver
YYC Calgary International Airport
- Look for White Hat Volunteers for advice or assistance – the hat style in question being cowboy. And keep an eye out the Pre-Board Pals, dogs and cats offering calming cuddles.
- Save time with YYC Express (free) which provides advance daily reservations for security screening during peak times.
YEG Edmonton International Airport
- Various animals help fliers destress at YEG, the first airport in Canada to introduce pet therapy.
- YEG Express (free) offers domestic and international travellers booking times for security screening up to 72 hours in advance.
YUL Montreal-Trudeau International Airport
- Domestic and international fliers can reserve a security screening time through YUL Express (free). Those heading to the United States can use the Mobile Passport Control app to save time at U.S. customs.
- Montreal Airport Marriott In-Terminal Hotel includes a 24-hour fitness centre and Altispa, where you can book a pressotherapy treatment to stimulate circulation and lymphatic drainage.
YYZ Pearson International Airport
- The airport website features a wait time dashboard for airline counters, security and U.S. customs.
- Domestic and international travellers can use YYZ Express (free) to make an online reservation for security screening up to 72 hours in advance. Travellers heading to the United States can use the Mobile Passport Control app to submit customs information.
YVR Vancouver International Airport
- Passengers flying to the U.S. can reserve a security screening slot through YVR Express (free). Use the YVR Order Now app to skip the line and pick up from YVR dining options.
- Fliers can pass time taking in the airport’s comprehensive Indigenous art collection.