The Globe is thrilled to offer this new (free!) bi-weekly series. You can learn new skills, ask questions and benefit from this social connection as we share our projects.
Join the Facebook group to get advance notice of events and a short list of supplies required. Then, every two weeks, Jana will be live on Facebook and The Globe and Mail website learning a new hobby from an expert. Topics we’ve tackled so far include embroidery, collage and making soap. Still to come – watercolour painting and paper flowers.
Skip to a Craft Club lesson
Coming April 13: Paper flowers
Chantal Larocque, the New Brunswick artist behind Paper and Peony, will teach how to make a multicoloured paper flower bouquet, entitled Fleurs on Canvas. The piece can be mounted on a small canvas, or on a decorated piece of cardboard. Watch the livestream April 13 at 7 p.m. ET on this page or on Facebook.
Supplies for our Paper Flower Class
- A few pages of 65 lb. cardstock in colours of your choosing
- Glue gun and glue sticks, or white glue
- 6 x 6 inch canvas (can be oval or rectangular), or other display board
- Curling tools, such as chopsticks, knitting needles or wooden dowels.
- Print out the template on an 8.5 x 11 inch sheet – please enlarge it when printing to 200% so it fills the page – and cut petals as indicated.
Craft Club Lesson One: Making cheese at home
Craft Club Lesson Two: How to make soap
Craft Club Lesson Three: How to make a collage
Craft Club Lesson Four: Hand embroidery
Craft Club Lesson Five: Handmade notebooks
Craft Club Lesson Six: Hand lettering
Build your personal news feed
- Follow topics and authors relevant to your reading interests.
- Check your Following feed daily, and never miss an article. Access your Following feed from your account menu at the top right corner of every page.