Skip to main content

The Globe and Mail

Justin Bieber assault case adjourned to Sept. 8 in Toronto

Justin Bieber arrives at a Toronto Police station on Wednesday January 29, 2014.

Chris Young/The Globe and Mail

Neither Justin Bieber nor his fans were in a Toronto court Monday morning for a routine hearing in the pop star's assault case.

Lawyers said they were in continuing discussions and decided to reappear in court Sept. 8.

Bieber's lawyer has previously said the singer isn't expected at any of the court sessions until a trial date, which likely won't be set until the fall.

Story continues below advertisement

But that hasn't always deterred fans — about two dozen showed up at an earlier hearing, hoping to see the Canadian singer.

Police allege Bieber hit a limousine driver several times in the back of the head after he and five others were picked up by a limo in Toronto in the early hours of Dec. 30.

Bieber turned himself in to Toronto police in January to face the charge, drawing a massive crowd of journalists and screaming fans.

Report an error
As of December 20, 2017, we have temporarily removed commenting from our articles. We hope to have this resolved by the end of January 2018. Thank you for your patience. If you are looking to give feedback on our new site, please send it along to feedback@globeandmail.com. If you want to write a letter to the editor, please forward to letters@globeandmail.com.