At least one person has been injured in a fire in a Toronto highrise.
Officials say the fire began on the 19th floor of the apartment building at 200 Wellesley St. E near Sherbourne Street just after 7 a.m. on Monday.
There’s no immediate word on the condition of the person injured or what the injuries were but fire officials say the hallways were filled with heavy smoke.
The fire was brought under control by 7:35 a.m.
A massive fire at the same Toronto Community Housing building in September, 2010, forced the evacuation of about 1,700 residents, many of whom had special needs.
The 2010 fire started after a discarded cigarette landed on a 24th floor balcony filled with papers and other items. Neighbours said the unit was occupied by a hoarder.Report Typo/Error