Skip to main content

The Globe and Mail

One person dead after carbon monoxide leak in Toronto building

Paramedics called to a Toronto building on May 28, 2014, found one person without vital signs and three others injured.

Darren Calabrese/The Globe and Mail

One person is dead following a carbon monoxide incident at an apartment building in east end Toronto.

Firefighters and paramedics called to the building on Wednesday afternoon found one person without vital signs and three others injured.

The victim was pronounced dead on arrival at hospital.

Story continues below advertisement

Fire crews are blaming a pressure washer that was being used in the building's basement for the carbon monoxide leak.

Some apartments were evacuated while the gas was cleared and the residents were being sheltered in buses.

Report an error
Comments

The Globe invites you to share your views. Please stay on topic and be respectful to everyone. For more information on our commenting policies and how our community-based moderation works, please read our Community Guidelines and our Terms and Conditions.

We’ve made some technical updates to our commenting software. If you are experiencing any issues posting comments, simply log out and log back in.

Discussion loading… ✨