Ah, Thanksgiving on Parliament Hill. Based on the statements and actions of the leaders and other members of the three main federal parties, here are the top-five things supporters of each party are giving thanks for this year:
5. Netflix. And the CRTC. But for different reasons.
4. A country where someone with no legal expertise whatsoever
can grow up to draft crime-and-punishment legislation.
3. Oil. And environmentalists. But for different reasons.
2. Clear and simple wireless bills; neither clear nor simple
omnibus budget bills.
1. Justin Trudeau.
5. Quebec (fourth straight year on list).
4. The grandeur of beards.
3. Netflix. And the CBC. But for different reasons.
2. Having an experienced, fully-bilingual leader with a sharp
mind tailor-made for Question Period, and the certainty that
will make your party more popular than the Liberals.
1. A sense of humour about #2.
5. Thankful for pipelines that don't run through Canada.
Concerned by the base-splittting potential of pipelines that do.
4. Marijuana. And the government's position on it.
3. That hair.
2. Policy Lite: A majority of voters say they prefer the new, lighter
Liberal beverage – so far.
1. Stephen Harper.