Why was CEO pay growth lower in 2009? And is the restraint likely to last as markets improve?
Stephen Griggs, executive director of the Canadian Coalition for Good Governance, and Globe and Mail reporter Janet McFarland took reader questions in a live discussion. Read through it in the live blog box below.
More from Executive Compensation 2009:
- Full story: Executive compensation set to rise
- Full story: Investors seek disclosure on stock options
- Full results: Full compensation rankings of largest companies
- By the numbers: Compensation trends for 2009
- Discussion: Your questions on executive compensation
- In pictures: The Top 10: Highest-paid Canadian executives
- In pictures: Executives who saw the biggest 2009 pay increases
- In pictures: Which CEOs own the most equity in their companies?
- In pictures: Canadian CEOs who received no bonuses last year