The outlook for Canada’s largest banks was already improving as they turned the page on a tough year in 2016. But the bar has risen higher still as, one after another, the Big Six outstripped estimates for fiscal first-quarter profit.
Solid across-the-board results can make the anxieties from a weak oil and gas sector that dogged the banks last year feel like a distant memory. But prospects for the next three fiscal quarters are still clouded with uncertainty.Report Typo/Error
- Royal Bank of Canada$93.92+0.18(+0.19%)
- Royal Bank of Canada$69.79+0.15(+0.22%)
- Toronto-Dominion Bank$64.25+0.24(+0.37%)
- Toronto-Dominion Bank$47.73+0.24(+0.51%)
- Bank of Nova Scotia$75.91+0.25(+0.33%)
- Bank of Nova Scotia$56.40+0.24(+0.43%)
- National Bank of Canada$52.87-0.27(-0.51%)
- Bank of Montreal$91.17+0.18(+0.20%)
- Bank of Montreal$67.79+0.20(+0.30%)
- Canadian Imperial Bank of Commerce$105.37+0.13(+0.12%)
- Canadian Imperial Bank of Commerce$78.29+0.21(+0.27%)
- Updated May 26 4:00 PM EDT. Delayed by at least 15 minutes.