Alberta will have the power to impose mandatory carbon reductions from oil sands facilities and halt project approvals under the first draft of a plan aimed at winning support for major new pipelines.
Climate policy recommendations introduced in the oil-rich province would give officials the power to withhold permits for new facilities should greenhouse gas emissions from the oil sands approach a legislated cap of 100 megatonnes per year.Report Typo/Error
Follow us on Twitter:,
- Cenovus Energy Inc$9.25-0.18(-1.91%)
- Cenovus Energy Inc$7.36-0.14(-1.87%)
- Canadian Natural Resources Ltd$38.00-0.73(-1.88%)
- Canadian Natural Resources Ltd$30.22-0.56(-1.82%)
- Suncor Energy Inc$38.88-0.65(-1.64%)
- Suncor Energy Inc$30.96-0.46(-1.46%)
- Updated August 21 4:00 PM EDT. Delayed by at least 15 minutes.