The Premier of Saskatchewan and the heads of TD Bank, Indigo Books and Loblaws are among half a dozen Canadians who will attend this year's exclusive Bilderberg conference.
The invitation-only gathering has released a list of expected participants.
Six are identified as Canadians:
- TD Bank CEO Edmund Clark;
- Brookfield Asset Management chairman Frank McKenna, a former New Brunswick premier and ambassador to the U.S., who is also deputy chairman at TD Bank Group;
- Robert Prichard, the chairman of the Torys law firm;
- Indigo Books CEO Heather Reisman;
- Saskatchewan Premier Brad Wall;
- Loblaws CEO Galen Weston.
Another person listed as an American, economist Marie-Josée Kravis, is from Montreal.
They will mingle with the likes of International Monetary Fund boss Christine Lagarde, British Chancellor of the Exchequer George Osborne, Google chairman Eric Schmidt, Amazon founder Jeff Bezos, retired U.S. secretary of state Henry Kissinger or retired American general David Petraeus, a former CIA director.
This year's gathering of 140 participants is scheduled to begin Thursday at a five-star hotel in Hertfordshire, England, The Grove in Watford.
The private annual conference of leaders and experts started in 1954.
Mr. Clark and Ms. Reisman are current members of the Bilderberg's steering committee, which drafts the conference's program and selects participants.