ROB Insight is a premium commentary product offering rapid analysis of business and economic news, corporate strategy and policy, published throughout the business day. Visit the ROB Insight homepage for analysis available only to subscribers.
Sector rotations can be extremely frustrating for investors. Portfolios remain overweight in formerly winning sectors while the previously-ignored market sectors, where they have no positions, move higher. Many investors are drastically underperforming the S&P/TSX Composite’s 1.8 per cent year to date return without fully understanding why.Report Typo/Error
- S&P/TSX Capped Materials Index229.88-0.18(-0.08%)
- S&P/TSX ENERGY171.49-2.43(-1.40%)
- CAN INDUSTRIALS217.38-1.62(-0.74%)
- CAN CONS STPLS533.62-3.00(-0.56%)
- S&P/TSX Capped Financials Index285.34-1.40(-0.49%)
- CAN REAL ESTATE293.16-0.87(-0.30%)
- CAN TECH INDEX61.05-0.36(-0.59%)
- CAN HLTH CARE69.47-0.37(-0.53%)
- S&P/TSX UTILS250.34+0.13(+0.05%)
- Updated July 21 4:35 PM EDT. Delayed by at least 15 minutes.