ROB Insight is a premium commentary product offering rapid analysis of business and economic news, corporate strategy and policy, published throughout the business day. Visit the ROB Insight homepage for analysis available only to subscribers.
Tuesday’s decision by regulators to designate all of Canada’s Bix Six banks as “domestic systematically important banks” represents something of a Canadian compromise. And like many such compromises, it’s not fair to everyone.Report Typo/Error
- National Bank of Canada$52.98+0.11(+0.21%)
- Royal Bank of Canada$94.30+0.38(+0.40%)
- Bank of Montreal$91.31+0.14(+0.15%)
- Canadian Imperial Bank of Commerce$105.88+0.51(+0.48%)
- Bank of Nova Scotia$75.99+0.08(+0.11%)
- Toronto-Dominion Bank$64.29+0.04(+0.06%)
- Updated May 29 9:44 AM EDT. Delayed by at least 15 minutes.