Lex is a premium daily commentary service from the Financial Times. It helps readers make better investment decisions by highlighting key emerging risks and opportunities.
The Nikkei 225 Average is now one bad day away from bear market territory at its recent rate of decline. The Topix, meanwhile, is a couple of such days away from that level. That difference is meaningful.Report Typo/Error
- Nikkei 225, Japan20,153.35+20.68(+0.10%)
- iShares MSCI Japan ETF$53.98-0.07(-0.13%)
- WisdomTree Japan Hedged Equity Fund$51.51+0.20(+0.39%)
- ProShares UltraShort MSCI Japan$32.93-0.01(-0.02%)
- iShares MSCI All Country Asia ex Japan ETF$68.41+0.59(+0.87%)
- ProShares Ultra MSCI Japan$107.00+0.50(+0.47%)
- WisdomTree Japan Smallcap Dividend Fund$70.51+0.12(+0.17%)
- Updated June 26 9:46 AM -4GMT. Delayed by at least 15 minutes.