ROB Insight is a premium commentary product offering rapid analysis of business and economic news, corporate strategy and policy, published throughout the business day. Visit the ROB Insight homepage for analysis available only to subscribers.
This has been a terrible week for Royal Bank of Canada on the public relations front, compelling CEO Gordon Nixon to make a full apology to Canadians Thursday for his bank’s mishandling of the outsourcing story that broke last weekend. With Canadians threatening to pull their business – indeed, the head of one public service union called on members to do so – surely the hullabaloo must have weighed on the stock?Report Typo/Error
- Royal Bank of Canada$94.10+0.11(+0.12%)
- Royal Bank of Canada$71.44+0.48(+0.68%)
- Bank of Nova Scotia$79.17-0.21(-0.26%)
- Bank of Nova Scotia$60.15+0.23(+0.38%)
- Bank of Montreal$94.24+0.21(+0.22%)
- Bank of Montreal$71.60+0.62(+0.87%)
- Toronto-Dominion Bank$65.26+0.05(+0.08%)
- Toronto-Dominion Bank$49.57+0.34(+0.69%)
- Updated June 27 4:02 PM EDT. Delayed by at least 15 minutes.