Young entrepreneurs name the one tool that's made tracking and analyzing their company's various Web and social metrics easier:
1. Infusionsoft Analytics. For users of Infusionsoft marketing software, the new analytics tracking is incredibly powerful to identify not just clicks and hits, but also contacts using multiple devices, lead sources and conversion rates. Better than tracking the high level, InfusionSoft lets you track against the goals you have for a campaign to measure effectiveness.
2. Google Analytics. Google Analytics was always our go-to for website metrics, but it's now also improved by strides to incorporate social metrics and real-time analytics. If you haven't reviewed their current offerings, definitely check it out. It's an easy to implement, customizable, one-stop shop that also happens to be free.
3. Social Metrics Pro. With the rules of SEO changing every week and new tracking software every other day, it can be overwhelming to find the right measuring tool. Social Metrics Pro is up-to-date on Google's SEO changes and can help businesses track the progress of their social media sites. It's user-friendly and pretty simple to utilize.
4. Social Mention. Social Mention is a free tool for real-time search when it comes to content across the web (micromedia, blogs, videos, images, etc). You get search results for terms you enter, plus the strength, passion, reach, sentiment, and top users and keywords for the search term.
5. Engage 121. We just started using Engage121 and it's a great way to organize and track social media. It's important to stay organized because with so many different outlets on the web, if you aren't organized, you're missing out on opportunities. Engage121 lets you track, measure, plan and respond to various platforms, all in one place.
6. Sprout Social. We use Sprout to monitor conversations, schedule content for sharing, and keep track of analytics. It's a great way to keep up with trends, get a better understanding of your followers, and see what updates did better than others.
7. KISSmetrics. KISSmetrics is a tool that I rely on heavily. They handle marketing funnels better than any other web analytics application out on the market. The core of their offering is the ability to focus on the behavior of people rather than focusing on site visits. KISSmetrics has definitely helped me increase my bottom line profits. - Lawrence Watkins | Founder & CEO, Great Black Speakers
8. Mongoose Metrics. At Sentry Centers, about half of our leads come through the phone. We use a software called Mongoose Metrics that integrates phone leads into our Google Analytics to track 100 percent of our leads back to their source. - Christopher Kelly | Co-Founder, Principal, Sentry Conference Centers
The Young Entrepreneur Council (YEC) is an invite-only organization comprised of the world's most promising young entrepreneurs. In partnership with Citi, the YEC recently launched #StartupLab, a free virtual mentorship program that helps millions of entrepreneurs start and grow businesses via live video chats, an expert content library and email lessons.