Kickstarter and Indiegogo, two of the most popular donation-based crowdfunding sites in the country, give creative people the opportunity to fund their projects via online donations or pre-purchasing of products or experiences. Each month, The Report on Small Business will provide a snapshot of the top 10 Canadian entrepreneurial crowdfunding campaigns of the moment. The figures are accurate as of Nov. 15 at 5 p.m. ET
1 of 10
10. WaveCheck is a tool to help women with breast cancer know if chemotherapy is working. The Toronto-based team raised $44,397 on Indiegogo.
2 of 10
9. Terpstra Keyboard a new hexagonal keyboard controller design, that offers 280 color-changing continuous controllers. Designed by Siemen Terpstra, the keyboard has so far raised $57,131 (U.S.) on Indiegogo.
3 of 10
8. PUSH is a fitness tracking device that measures strength. The Toronto-based company raised $114,335 on Indiegogo.
4 of 10
7. The multicolor 3-D printer with liquid cooling will allow users to print an object with five different colors throughout the object without stopping to switch the filament. ORD Solutions, the Cambridge, Ont.-based company responsible for the project, has raised $116,592 on Kickstarter.
5 of 10
6. Little Robot Friends are a collection of cute and smart autonomous objects. They can sense the amount of light in a room, they can hear with a small integrated microphone, they can detect your touch and they can also communicate with other robots using infrared light (like your TV remote). Aesthetec Studio, based in Toronto, has raised $123,659 for the project on Kickstarter.
6 of 10
5. TellSpec is a device that shows allergens in your food. The Toronto-based company raised $180,639 on Indiegogo.
7 of 10
4. The Bublcam is a 360º camera and software technology that shares everything around you through spherical photos and videos. Toronto-based Bubl Technology Inc. raised $244,683 on Kickstarter.
8 of 10
3. Energy Aware Technology Inc.’s Neurio monitors your home’s electricity to figure out what your appliances are up to - without the need to install sensors on every device. The Vancouver-based company has raised $267,373 for the project on Kickstarter.
9 of 10
2. RimWorld is a sci-fi colony simulation game driven by an intelligent AI storyteller. It follows three survivors from a crashed space liner as they build a colony on a frontier world at the rim of the galaxy. Created by Tynan Sylvester and Ottawa-based Ludeon Studios, the game has raised $268,132 on Kickstarter.
10 of 10
1. is a feature film based on the book by Eckhart Tolle and Robert S. Friedman. It's a coming of age story about an 11-year-old boy growing up in an economically depressed suburb, and the elderquest of his grandfather. Milton's Secret Hulo Films, the Vancouver-based studio producing the film, has so far raised $287,179 (U.S.) on Indiegogo.