Here’s a strong comment on the level of competition among bank-owned discount brokerages, and the rising importance of exchange-traded funds among investors: Canadian Imperial Bank of Commerce is waiving commissions on ETFs bought and sold online through its CIBC Investor’s Edge brokerage.
Sure, the deal only lasts until the end of March, making it a six-week marketing strategy for capturing incoming RRSP funds rather than a bold new direction for ETF trading in Canada.Report Typo/Error
- Canadian Imperial Bank of Commerce$79.17+0.21(+0.27%)
- Canadian Imperial Bank of Commerce$106.95+0.29(+0.27%)
- Bank of Montreal$95.13+1.47(+1.57%)
- Bank of Montreal$70.29+0.94(+1.36%)
- Royal Bank of Canada$93.53+0.51(+0.55%)
- Royal Bank of Canada$69.25+0.38(+0.55%)
- Bank of Nova Scotia$76.17+0.69(+0.91%)
- Bank of Nova Scotia$56.36+0.35(+0.62%)
- Toronto-Dominion Bank$63.57+0.52(+0.82%)
- Toronto-Dominion Bank$47.03+0.35(+0.75%)
- National Bank of Canada$53.87+1.05(+1.99%)
- Updated May 23 4:00 PM EDT. Delayed by at least 15 minutes.