The verdict is in: we’ve jumped the shark.
At this point it barely matters that Black Friday started south of the U.S. border. Seemingly everybody in Canada wants to offer a deal, including Laurentian Bank of Canada.
The Quebec-based lender just announced details of a Black Friday sale on guaranteed investment certificates, offering Canadians elevated returns on these products. Anyone who invests in a Laurentian GIC this weekend can earn as much as 3.15 per cent if they lock the rate in for five years.Report Typo/Error
- Laurentian Bank of Canada$53.000.00(0.00%)
- Canadian Western Bank$25.040.00(0.00%)
- Toronto-Dominion Bank$63.040.00(0.00%)
- Bank of Nova Scotia$75.640.00(0.00%)
- Bank of Montreal$91.980.00(0.00%)
- National Bank of Canada$53.250.00(0.00%)
- Royal Bank of Canada$69.260.00(0.00%)
- Canadian Imperial Bank of Commerce$79.220.00(0.00%)
- Updated May 24 4:00 PM EDT. Delayed by at least 15 minutes.