In a normal market, the news that Aritzia Inc.’s initial public offering was boosted to $400-million because of strong institutional demand would be stellar news. “Risk on,” we’d say. The end of investor dithering.
But this is not a normal market and it hasn’t been for a long time. Despite scorching share prices in many sectors, which normally make investors more aggressive, would-be buyers are still showing their thirst for safe and stable yield.Report Typo/Error
- Encana Corp$14.46+0.13(+0.91%)
- Encana Corp$10.75+0.12(+1.13%)
- Crescent Point Energy Corp$12.260.00(0.00%)
- Crescent Point Energy Corp$9.10+0.03(+0.36%)
- Capital Power Corp$25.80-0.09(-0.35%)
- S&P/TSX REIT INDEX161.24-0.45(-0.28%)
- Cominar Real Estate Investment Trust$13.21-0.04(-0.30%)
- First Capital Realty Inc$19.89-0.07(-0.35%)
- Mainstreet Health Investments Inc$9.62+0.02(+0.21%)
- Updated May 26 3:56 PM EDT. Delayed by at least 15 minutes.