Cannabis Professional’s daily roundup of industry news. View archive here.
Truss announces first of six cannabis beverage brands
Truss Beverage Co. on Thursday announced a partnership with Flow Glow™ Beverages Inc. to manufacture and distribute a CBD-infused spring water. Flow Glow Beverages’ flavoured CBD-infused spring water will be one of six cannabis beverage brands within the Truss Beverage Co. product portfolio.Flow Glow is the first brand partnership for Truss Beverage Co., and will be one of six brands within the Truss beverage portfolio for launch. Truss Beverage Co. is a joint venture between Molson Coors Canada and Hexo Corp, a licensed producer of cannabis products in Canada, formed to develop non-alcoholic, cannabis-beverages for the Canadian market.
Neptune signs U.S. extraction agreement
Neptune Wellness Solutions Inc. said Thursday that it entered into an agreement to provide extraction services to a large U.S.-based farming services operation. Under the contract terms, Neptune will receive hemp biomass to be processed and transformed into crude oil extracts. The two-year agreement could reach a total value in excess of US$20-million. The first shipment of biomass is expected to arrive at Neptune’s North Carolina facility in the coming weeks.
Neptune also recently appointed Brett DuBose as vice-president of sales for the U.S. region. DuBose was most-recently with Lonza Consumer Health and Nutrition, where he was associate director of sales for the Eastern U.S and Canada.
High Park unveils edible brands
Tilray subsidiary High Park Holdings Ltd. on Wednesday unveiled the second phase of its adult-use product portfolio set to launch throughout Canada over the course of the next year, as permitted by regulations. The expanded broad-based portfolio includes innovative cannabis products and formats, including CBD beverages, edibles, and vape products.
The new products include:
- Marley Natural, an established cannabis brand, will launch in select markets across Canada.;
- Goodship, an edibles brand known for its cannabis-infused baked goods, chocolates and confections, will roll out its first cannabis collection in Canada with a baking oil, followed by cannabis-infused chocolates and mints.;
- The Batch, a new value brand dedicated to delivering quality cannabis flower and pre-rolls at competitive prices. The Batch is currently available in select markets and will launch across Canada in the coming months.;
- Chowie Wowie, a new confectionery brand offering cannabis-infused chocolates and gummies.;
- Rmdy., a wellness brand offering a variety of non-combustible and discreet cannabis products including mints, melts and all-in-one pens.
- Canaca will introduce vape pens with a high-potency THC distillate formulation and no added ingredients.;
- Dubon will offer a new high-potency premium THC oil exclusive to the Quebec market.hree
Nextleaf adds Boodram to board of directors
Vancouver-based extractor Nextleaf Solutions Ltd. said Wednesday that it has added Dr. Sherry Boodram to its Board of Directors. Ms. Boodram, a former senior regulatory compliance officer at Health Canada, is the co-founder and CEO of CannDelta Inc. - a regulatory and scientific cannabis consulting company based out of Toronto, Canada - where she provides regulatory expertise and develops strategies to ensure regulatory compliance within Canada’s existing legal cannabis framework. “Sherry is among the most credible and qualified cannabis regulatory experts in Canada, and we believe her background, insights, and industry experience will add tremendous value to our Board,” said Paul Pedersen, co-founder and CEO of Nextleaf Solutions.