Join us for a Cannabis Professional discussion on what recent CannTrust developments mean for the industry with special guest Greg Taylor, the CIO & Portfolio Manager at Purpose Investments.
Thursday, July 25:
- 11:00-11:10 a.m.: Moderated discussion with Mark Rendell and Greg Taylor
- 11:10-11:45 a.m.: Q&A from the audience
Call this toll-free phone number to join the call.
- Canada toll-free: 1-888-642-2128
- Access code: 730 608 772 #
- Attendee ID: #
What the continued CannTrust fallout means for the cannabis industry
Three weeks ago CannTrust acknowledged that it is under investigation by Health Canada, after federal regulators found the company had grown thousands of kilograms of cannabis in unlicensed rooms over a five-month period. The news sent shock waves through the industry, putting deals at risk, making financing more difficult and raising questions about whether Health Canada will respond by upping regulatory oversight.
Mr. Rendell and Mr. Taylor will be touching on key questions the ongoing investigation raises for the industry, such as:
- The impact the CannTrust scandal is having on investor confidence.
- How institutional investors are viewing the situation, and what that means for future financing across the industry;
- How Health Canada may respond to the situation;
- What lessons LPs can learn from the regulatory breach at CannTrust.
Mr. Rendell and Mr. Taylor will also take your questions. Please email your questions to us: ROBCannabisPro@globeandmail.com.
Join the conversation
- Greg Taylor is the Chief Investment Officer of Purpose Investments. A data-driven manager with a focus on managing risk through active-trading strategies, Greg specializes in finding and exploiting pockets of volatility in the market to drive returns. He spent more than 15 years managing pension and mutual fund assets at Aurion Capital Management.