Canadian bowler Akhil Kumar has been honoured for his performance at the ICC U19 Cricket World Cup.
The 18-year-old from Toronto was named the 12th man in the team at the tournament. Kumar took 16 wickets at an average of 15.37, finishing with figures of six wickets at the expense of 46 runs in Canada’s Plate playoff victory over Japan.
The Canadians finished 13th in the 16-country tournament won by Bangladesh.
The all-star team featured three players from Bangladesh and runner-up India, two from Afghanistan and the West Indies and one from Sri Lanka.
The all-stars were selected by a five-person panel with four from the media and one from the International Cricket Council.
ICC U19 Cricket World Cup Team of the Tournament (in batting order)
- Yashasvi Jaiswal, India
- Ibrahim Zadran, Afghanistan
- Ravindu Rasantha, Sri Lanka
- Mahmudul Hasan Joy, Bangladesh
- Shahadat Hossain, Bangladesh
- Nyeem Young, West Indies
- Akbar Ali, Bangladesh (wicket-keeper, capt.)
- Shafiqullah Ghafari, Afghanistan
- Ravi Bishnoi, India
- Kartik Tyagi, India
- Jayden Seales, West Indies
- 12th man: Akhil Kumar, Canada