Skip to main content

Assault case against former Blue Jays pitcher Roberto Osuna adjourned for two weeks

Former Toronto Blue Jays pitcher Roberto Osuna’s assault case has been adjourned for two weeks.

The 23-year-old was arrested in May and charged in connection with an alleged domestic incident.

Osuna was suspended without pay for 75 games in June for violating Major League Baseball’s domestic-violence policy, and the Jays later traded him to the Houston Astros.

Story continues below advertisement

Osuna’s lawyer, Domenic Basile, has said his client is remorseful of the circumstances of the situation, but plans to plead not guilty.

Basile says he is continuing to have discussions with the Crown about a resolution to the case.

The lawyer previously told reporters he was working toward having the Crown consider a peace bond, which could lead to the assault charge against Osuna being withdrawn.

The case is scheduled to return to court on Sept. 19.

Report an error
Comments are closed

We have closed comments on this story for legal reasons or for abuse. For more information on our commenting policies and how our community-based moderation works, please read our Community Guidelines and our Terms and Conditions.

Due to technical reasons, we have temporarily removed commenting from our articles. We hope to have this fixed soon. Thank you for your patience. If you are looking to give feedback on our new site, please send it along to feedback@globeandmail.com. If you want to write a letter to the editor, please forward to letters@globeandmail.com.
Cannabis pro newsletter