The NBA champion Toronto Raptors have received the league’s first-ever NBA Team of the Year Award.
The Raptors were recognized for their achievements across team business, including ticketing, partnerships, marketing, digital media, business analytics and innovation.
The honour was one of several NBA Team Sales & Marketing Awards announced at the league’s annual sales and marketing meeting in Miami. All 30 teams were invited to submit a nomination in each category for awards recognizing leaders and innovators across key areas, with a committee of league and team executives choosing the winners.
The league noted Toronto was near the top of the league for ticket renewals, total tickets sold and season tickets sold. The Raptors were also recognized for their “innovative approach to partnerships” including Drake’s OVO.
The NBA also recognized organizations for team business performance in 12 categories across ticket sales and member retention, partnerships, fan experience and digital innovation. Twenty-two teams received awards for team business performance with the Raptors earning the most awards with six.
- NBA Team of the Year: Toronto Raptors
- NBA Inclusion Leadership Award: Dallas Mavericks
- NBA Inclusion Innovation Award: Sacramento Kings and Milwaukee Bucks
- NBA Team Innovation Award: Sacramento Kings
- Pete Winemiller Guest Experience Innovation Award: Erin Dlouhy, Pacers Sports & Entertainment
- Values of the Game: Edward Rivero, Detroit Pistons