Skip to main content

The Globe and Mail

Condition of Montreal Canadiens prospect with meningitis continues to improve

A Montreal Canadiens prospect hospitalized with meningitis has been moved out of the intensive care unit and been upgraded to stable condition.

A statement released Wednesday by the Saskatoon Health Region said Tim Bozon's condition continues to improve and he has been moved into one of the hospital wards. Bozon, who plays for the Western Hockey League's Kootenay Ice, was first admitted to Royal University Hospital on March 1.

His parents said Bozon is awake, moving around in his bed, trying to feed himself and trying to speak, the statement said.

Story continues below advertisement

Last week, his condition was listed as critical but stable and improving. At one point he was in a medically induced coma.

The 19-year-old forward fell ill following a game Feb. 28 against the Saskatoon Blades. He was selected in the third round, 64th overall, by Montreal in the 2012 NHL Entry Draft.

The WHL has established a trust fund to assist Bozon and his family with medical and rehabilitation costs.

Report an error
As of December 20, 2017, we have temporarily removed commenting from our articles as we switch to a new provider. We are behind schedule, but we are still working hard to bring you a new commenting system as soon as possible. If you are looking to give feedback on our new site, please send it along to feedback@globeandmail.com. If you want to write a letter to the editor, please forward to letters@globeandmail.com.