His father is a rock star from Scotland. His mother is a supermodel from New Zealand. And his siblings were once part of the young, hot, party crowd in Hollywood.
But if you're looking for Liam Stewart, son of Rod Stewart and Rachel Hunter, you won't find him at the latest L.A. night spot, nor will you find him at Vancouver's Pacific Coliseum Wednesday.
He'll be back in Spokane, Washington, nursing an injury, and will miss the Chiefs' only road game against the Vancouver Giants this season.
The 17-year-old from Hermosa Beach, Calif., is a first-year forward with the Western Hockey League club, and has played two games this year. Born in London, he has also been cleared to play for Great Britain in international competition, which means you won't be seeing him at any Olympic Games or world championships unless there is a huge improvement in "ice hockey" across the pond.
But if you ever see him in the NHL (he is draft eligible next year), then commissioner Gary Bettman and his minions should jump for joy. Liam's connections to celebrity would have to run deeper than any hockey player before him, and if you can't market the son of a rock star and supermodel, than there is just no hope for your marketing.
Here's a look at the family, not exactly a crowd you'll see on Saturday morning at the local Tim's:
- Father Rod has moved from rock, to pop, to songbooks, taking his legions of fans with him. He dates (and marries) tall, gorgeous blondes, and his celebrity status is strong on both sides of the Atlantic, even at age 66.
- Mother Rachel is a former Sports Illustrated swimsuit edition cover girl who was once engaged to L.A. Kings centre Jarrett Stoll, but they broke it off before walking down the aisle. She has starred in a series of reality shows on both sides of the Atlantic. And, of course, there is the Stacy’s Mom video found here.
- Half-sister Kimberly once dated Jack Osbourne, son of Ozzy, and more recently gave birth to the daughter of Oscar winner Benicio del Toro. Delilah, born in August, is Rod’s first grandchild.
- Half-brother Sean is one of those tragic Hollywood stories: drinking and drugging in his young teens; appearing on celebrity rehab shows in his late-20s.
- Stepmother Penny Lancaster-Stewart is a former lingerie model.