Skip to main content

The Globe and Mail

Report: Manchester City’s Mancini and Balotelli in training-ground spat

Manchester City's Mario Balotelli sits on the pitch during their Champions League group D soccer match against Borussia Dortmund in Dortmund December 4, 2012

INA FASSBENDER/REUTERS

Manchester City manager Roberto Mancini was involved in a training ground bust-up with volatile forward Mario Balotelli on Thursday, the Manchester Evening News reported.

Italian striker Balotelli provoked Mancini when he mistimed a tackle on midfielder Scott Sinclair and the pair tussled as coaches tried to separate them, the paper said on its website(www.menmedia.co.uk).

Balotelli, 22, left the training session hastily before driving away from the Carrington complex.

Story continues below advertisement

Balotelli last month accepted a club fine of 340,000 pounds ($553,700) for misdemeanours on and off the pitch and Mancini said he was ready to give him another chance.

Report an error
As of December 20, 2017, we have temporarily removed commenting from our articles. We hope to have this resolved by the end of January 2018. Thank you for your patience. If you are looking to give feedback on our new site, please send it along to feedback@globeandmail.com. If you want to write a letter to the editor, please forward to letters@globeandmail.com.