Apparently even the one per centers need a little nudge when faced with buying a big BMW sedan. On second thought, let’s call that a BIG push.
BMW Canada has slapped on an eye-popping $25,000 factory-to-dealer rebate on remaining 2011 7-Series sedans loaded up with all-wheel drive and an amazing array of electronic aids, toys and gadgets. The toughest negotiators, those channelling their inner Jamie Dimon (the JP Morgan boss who verbally assaulted Bank of Canada Governor Mark Carney), might get another $5,000 reduction in the form of dealer discount, too.
The 7-Series is a beautiful car, one any zillionaire would be happy to drive or be driven in. Therefore, discounts approaching $30,000 on a $108,500 ride just might be enough to motivate a buying move. BMW Canada’s offer of 3.9 per cent financing for up to five years might help, too. Go one per centers, go.
Those of us in the 99 per cent, however, might be interested in the $3,000 Dodge is offering on the Challenger coupe. Or perhaps the $3,000 Nissan has on the Quest minivan. Or the $1,500 Honda has on the Accord sedan.
In all cases, we’re talking about outgoing 2011 models, thus your selection might be limited. But 99 per centers generally have fewer choices in life, so what’s the big deal?
As usual, Deals of the Week obtained pricing information from www.carcostcanada.com, among other sources Here are the numbers.
2011 BMW 750i xDrive AWD
- MSRP: $108,500
- Freight, dealer prep, air conditioning tax: $2,095
- Dealer discount (estimated): $5,000
- Factory discount: $25,000 (Delivery Credit factory-to-dealer rebate)
- Taxable subtotal: $80,595
- Total price with 13% HST: $91,072.35
- Note: 3.9% financing for up to five years
2011 Dodge Challenger coupe
- MSRP: $26,995
- Freight, air conditioning tax and dealer prep: $1,500
- Dealer discount: $900
- Factory discount: $3,000 (Consumer Cash discount factory-to-dealer rebate)
- Taxable subtotal: $24,595
- Total price with 13% HST: $27,792.35
- Note: 4.99% financing for 96 months
2011 Nissan Quest S
- MSRP: $29,998
- Freight, dealer prep and air conditioning tax: $1,750
- Dealer discount (estimated): $1,000
- Factory discount: $3,000 (Holiday Bonus stackable trading dollars)
- Taxable subtotal: $27,748
- Total price with 13% HST: $31,355.24
- Note: 4.29% financing for 84 months
2011 Honda Accord SE auto
- MSRP: $25,999
- Freight, dealer prep and air conditioning tax and Green Levy: $1,650
- Dealer discount (estimated): $900
- Factory discount: $1,500 (Non-stackable Trading Dollars factory-to-dealer rebate)
- Taxable subtotal: $25,249
- Total price with 13% HST: $28,531.37