Globe editors have posted this research report with permission of Piper Jaffray. This should not be construed as an endorsement of the report’s recommendations. For more on The Globe’s disclaimers please read here. The following text is excerpted from the report:
Sentiment toward global markets has turned slightly more cautious as investors try to determine whether this bull market can continue when the Fed starts to taper its quantitative easing later this year or in early 2014.
Investors are also wondering what the new market leadership will be after the recent breakdowns in gold, as well as the energy and basic materials sectors. We look at the strongest sectors going into the recent pullback, as well as the sectors performing well during the pullback, for ideas.
We suspect more upside still lies ahead in the second half of the year, and recommend investors stay positioned in the best relative performing sectors.
Read the full report here.Report Typo/Error
Follow us on Twitter:
- Dow Jones Industrials$17.40K-610.32(-3.39%)
- S&P 500 INDEX$2.04K-75.91(-3.59%)
- Embraer SA$21.34-0.69(-3.13%)
- Harris Corp$80.98-3.16(-3.76%)
- Johnson Controls Inc$42.73-2.26(-5.02%)
- PNC Financial Services Group Inc$81.08-5.59(-6.45%)
- Prudential Financial Inc$70.91-6.04(-7.85%)
- Aflac Inc$69.26-2.51(-3.50%)
- Delta Air Lines Inc$35.18-3.13(-8.17%)
- Endo International PLC$14.85-0.99(-6.25%)
- General Motors Co$28.35-1.47(-4.93%)
- Monro Muffler Brake Inc$64.71+0.93(+1.46%)
- Big 5 Sporting Goods Corp$9.33+0.27(+2.98%)
- Linear Technology Corp$45.52-2.14(-4.49%)
- Red Hat Inc$73.62-4.77(-6.08%)
- Ormat Technologies Inc$41.71-1.64(-3.78%)
- Randgold Resources Ltd$101.17+6.27(+6.61%)
- Southern Co$51.19+0.13(+0.25%)
- Northwest Natural Gas Co$61.83+0.68(+1.11%)
- Orthofix International NV$42.75-1.47(-3.32%)
- Updated June 24 4:00 PM EDT. Delayed by at least 15 minutes.