Here are the latest news highlights about the current and expected impact of Sandy:
* High winds, severe rains and major waves in coastal areas and Great Lakes expected in southern Ontario, Ontario, Quebec and the Maritimes.
* Red Cross urges people in the storm’s path to have supplies ready in case hydro power is out for up to 72 hours.
* Flights from many Canadian cities to the northeastern U.S. and some affected areas in Canada have been cancelled.
* Winds could hit highs of 150 km/h in some areas.
* Waves on the Great Lakes could be five to seven metres high.
* A flood warning has been issued for the Quebec City area, the north shore of the St. Lawrence River and Gaspe.
* Rainfall could range from 20-30 mm in Ontario to up to 50 mm in the Maritimes where other weather systems are also at play.
Follow us on Twitter: