Ten entrepreneurs offer advice on how to boost web traffic and improve lead generation channels:
1. Bring on the white papers. Research, in the form of reports and white papers, are fantastic offerings for your website visitors. When any visitor downloads a white paper or other report, it indicates that they’re interested in learning from your expertise. Those people may become prospective customers, contributing to your lead gen funnel.
2. Opt-in often. In the internet marketing arena, people are well aware of opt-ins; in fact, many even have secondary email addresses they use for opt-ins. Make sure what ever you give them is not only engaging but also branded. If they like what they see, and you give them access to more of it, then they’ll come back. A simple free report just isn’t enough these days!
3. The best present – you! Think of a every website visitor as someone that walks into a storefront. They are there for a reason. It should be your goal to find that out. In a store, you offer salespeople and customer service reps to help answer any questions. Why not practice this same principle on your website by employing real-time on-site chat functions? your conversion rates will increase dramatically. Guaranteed.
4. Quality content keeps ’em coming. First impressions are lasting impressions. Lead with your best. Companies are often scared to give away their best stuff up front but in today’s competitive market, it’s a smart strategy. Your goal is to hook the customer and keep them coming back. By giving them your best info and/or content you increase the likelihood that they will come back to your website and/or opt in to your mailing list.
– Doug Fath | founder & ceo, Faithful investments, llc & wealthy passion corporation
5. Free and regular webinars. Webinars are incredibly effective way to create a live event that people can experience all over the world. Regular webinars not only help to attract new leads, but educate and grow the relationship with your existing prospects. A great webinar can move someone from casual research to purchasing your product.
6. Something to swipe. Actionable resources people can take, digest quickly, and apply or “swipe” to use in their own business or life immediately have been great ways to drive more opt ins. Make them very focused on a specific subject. For instance, a highly successful one we recently put out was “49 killer & compelling email subject line swipes” and we drove almost 400 new leads from our blog in 5 days!
7. Offer a real book. Depending on your margins and the volume of leads that your company deals with, sending prospective customers a physical book published by your company is a fantastic way to stand out. Plus, you get accurate contact information, since leads will want their free gift!
8. The test they’ll want to take. Humans absolutely love taking tests; they are some of the most highly converting tools on the internet. The best part is that they don’t take that long to make–much less time than a free ebook or report, in most cases. The Gravity forms Plugin is an awesome tool for this. People often excitedly give an email address in return for their score on a provocative test related to your brand topic.
9. Discounts and deals. On my e-commerce site, we advertise that if a consumer signs up for our regular email blasts, he/she will get exclusive discounts and coupons. The inclusion of this has led to an increase in our email sign-up rate.
10. Exclusive video content. Try creating a video so full of value that you had to make it a secret. Give away your most critical business knowledge and then ask people to leave their email address in order to access it. When people see the breadth of your passion and knowledge around the subject, they will be more inclined to hire you rather than attempting to do it themselves.”
The Young Entrepreneur Council (YEC) is an invite-only nonprofit organization comprised of the world’s most promising young entrepreneurs. In partnership with Citi, the YEC recently launched #StartupLab , a free virtual mentorship program that helps millions of entrepreneurs start and grow businesses via live video chats, an expert content library and email lessons.
Follow us on Twitter: